Wednesday 7 April 2021

5 Minutes of Camp

LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp 

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt. I found the high beam activity entertaining because it challenged me to push my limits.

Up in the sky

As I climbed my legs were shaking. I looked down at the person that was holding the ladder just to make sure they were still there.I put one leg on the staple I could hear my heartbeat.I wouldn't look down because I knew that it would make things worse.I took deep breaths then I put my other leg on the staple.Each step made me want to come down but I kept going.I could hear my activity group cheering telling me to keep going that gave me confidence.

Next thing I knew I was on the top, I chuckled like I was going crazy. Everyone was telling me to keep going the more they cheered the more I got confidence. I thought I was going crazy cause when I looked around I was on the other side.

Next I walked to the middle my heartbeat was still pounding. I got to the middle. It was strange how I was so scared but I still had confidence.

I felt more confident than ever so I asked if I could do pushups, the instructor said yes so I did it. When I bent down I noticed I was looking down, even though I was a little scared at that point I still managed to do ten pushups which I think was a big accomplishment especially when I wasn’t on the ground.

They lowered me down when my feet touched the ground.I heaved a big sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment