Wednesday 25 August 2021

Hello/Goodbye Poem

 LI: To paint a picture with my words

Lockdown

Hello lockdown

Goodbye, early morning wake up.  


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, seeing my friends and playing with them at school. 


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, getting lunch ready for my little brother and sister before school.

Hello lockdown

Goodbye, Big Macs and McChicken from McDonalds. 


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, rugby training.   


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, netball games, and my team's winning streak.


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, cold and early mornings.


Hello lockdown

Goodbye, school uniform, and uncomfortable shoes. 


Hello lockdown

Thank you for letting me sleep longer in the morning. 


  • This morning Miss Sheena joined our online Meet and taught us how to write a Hello/Goodbye poem. This poem shows the contrast between things lockdown made us leave behind and the things lockdown gives us the opportunity to do. 


  • I enjoyed this because I thought aboutn the things lockdown took away. And gave me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Micah
    Your poem painted a clear picture of all the pro's and con's of lockdown. I think the hardest thing for us all is the Goodbye to seeing our friends in person. On the other hand we can all enjoy a sleep in. You have showed the contrast well and used descriptive languages to create a great poem.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete